Work at Height Training (Harness use and Fall Protection Equipment)
Valid for3 Years
This course is aimed at delegates who are required to gain an understanding of the hazards and risks associated with the use of fall protection equipment for work at height operations and covers both theoretical and practical awareness training combining the safe use of a harness and fall protection equipment in accordance with legal duties and information implied and supplied to both employers and employees.
Who Should Attend?
- Statistics and analysis for the cause of work at height accidents.
- Planning work and Risk assessments.
- Work at Height hierarchy and principles of prevention.
- Trauma and other medical considerations which may occur during work at height
- The safe use, maintenance and care of work at height equipment.
- Safe use, inspection and maintenance of a Harness, lanyard and connector.
- Correct fitting of a safety harness combined with a variety of fall protection equipment.
- Working methods, safe use and installation inc. restraint, work positioning and fall arrest.
- Hierarchy of fall prevention and protection measures set out in the Work at Height Regulations.
- Introduction of Horizontal Life Lines both temporary and permanent.
- Safe and suitable anchors.
- Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulation (PUWER) 1998 and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998 requirements.
- Rescue requirements and considerations
- Work at height recognition, definitions & Regulations
- Hazard identification, collective & personal protection
- Safe work at height procedures (including fall factors)
- Harness & restraint system awareness & fitting
- Inspection & record keeping – Harness, fall arrest lanyard, helmet, sling & connector
- Fall arrest, work restraint & work positioning awareness
- Use of fall arrest, work restraint (inertia reels, fall arrest lanyards)