Working at Height Awareness Training
Valid for3 Years
This course aims to equip operatives with the knowledge and skills to enable them to work safely when working at height, in keeping with the legal obligations and information implied and supplied to both the employer and the employee.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the key safety systems of work that are required when working at height, along with the ability to inspect, use and maintain a variety of work at height equipment.
Who Should Attend?
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Working at Height accident statistics and analysis
- Planning work from height
- Risk assessments
- Working at height hierarchy
- Principles of prevention
- Trauma and other medical considerations related to working at height
- Safe use and maintenance of work at height equipment
- Harness awareness and inspection
- Safe working methods and safe installation including restraints, work positioning and fall arrests.
- Hierarchy of fall prevention
- Protection measures
- Safe and suitable anchors
- Rescue requirements and considerations