Valid for3 Years
This fire extinguisher practical training course is suitable for any person who may be expected to use firefighting equipment in the event of a fire within the workplace. This course will ensure those persons have received the appropriate training and familiarisation in the use of fire extinguishers and comply with the requirements laid out within the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety ) Order (2005).
Who Should Attend?
- Learners will develop their knowledge and skills in fire safety, to include:
- An Introduction to fire extinguishers.
- Fire types and which extinguishers are suitable for use.
- When it is safe to use an extinguisher.
- Understanding and meeting legal guidelines and legislation.
- How to perform routine inspections.
- How to keep records.
- Practical extinguisher hands-on training session using a fire simulator.
- Feel confident to be able to tackle small bin sized fires should this occur in the workplace.