Valid for3 Years
This one-day Abrasive Wheels with Practical application in Cutting and Grinding is intended for those who operate, supervise or manage the use of Abrasive Wheels with angle grinders, cut off saws, bench grinders and benchtop cut off saws and is suitable to those who require more practical experience in their use, or for novice operators. It covers the legal and practical requirements for use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment and associated regulations.
Who Should Attend?
This course provides information and training needed to provide awareness of current health and safety requirements and legislation and to prevent workplace injuries, promote safer working practices and improve workplace culture when working with Abrasive Wheel and associated apparatus. This course also includes practical use in cutting and grinding using a variety of equipment.
- Health and safety legislation overview
- Hazards and risk control measures associated with Abrasive Wheels
- Types of abrasive wheel machines and their safe use.
- Resin & vitrified bonded abrasive wheel selection, marking, identification and inspection
- Correct use, setting, adjustment and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
- Pre-use machine safety checks
- How to mount of abrasive wheels on various equipment including hand angle grinder and saws
- Set up and safe working of applying an Abrasive Wheel to a grinder.
- Truing and dressing
- Practical safe set up (no live cutting or grinding)
- Practical set up and cutting operations using a variety of Abrasive Wheels and equipment
- Practical set up and grinding operations using a variety of Abrasive Wheel and equipment
- Safe operation, including ill health control measure requirements