Valid for5 Years
This course aims to provide delegates with the skills required to operate an Excavator 360° safely. It is suitable for operators of all abilities and those who have previously received no formal training or instruction.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based theory and practical hands on training.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Learning a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Being able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Being able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions.
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for Excavator use.
- Conducting all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Safely mounting and dismounting the machine.
- Starting and stopping the engine and safely moving the machine off and stopping it safely.
- Configuring the machine for travel and manoeuvring it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas.
- Conducting all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvring the machine to the work area and correctly configuring in readiness to carry out excavating tasks.
- Carrying out excavating tasks
- Loading material onto transporting vehicles or into containers.
- Reinstating excavation, grade and level ground
- Fitting and removing attachments.
- Carrying out all end-of-shift and shut down procedures.
Who Should Attend?
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.