Valid for5 Years
This 1 day NPORS Plant Machinery Marshal Course (N133) course has been designed to give you all the skills you need to carry out a Plant Machinery Marshal (banksman) role on a construction site or similar environment.
Providing you knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle/plant machinery marshal
- Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle / plant machinery marshal
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for loading / unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures
Who Should Attend?
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.